Sunday 27 March 2011

Another busy weekend

I have had another busy weekend!  I was at a school fair yesterday selling my nappy cakes and knitted and felted items. I had a good day and although it was a little quiet.  Thanks to the ladies at Our Ladies Catholic School in Wellingborough for looking after us stall holders. They provided us with tea and coffee all day and even lunch!! I need more of that at fairs!

It has been a busy week on Folksy too.  I opened my Felted Fluffies shop on Folksy about too weeks ago and I'm pleased to say that I've already had 3 sales.  I am over the moon with that!  I'm now working on lots more stuff to stock it with including dinosaurs and fantasy creatures! I've also been commissioned to crochet a snoopy toy - I'll keep you posted on his progress so far I've done his head, an ear and most of the body! I have also been working on some things to stock my other folksy shop and am knitting the most gorgeous sparkly yarn summery scarf at the moment! Pics to come!!!

The best thing however that I have made today has been this yummy banana cake!  It doesn't look much but it is the most delicious and easy recipe I have come across.  I've been making it for a while!   If you want to make a yummy cake like this heres the recipe....

You will need 4 very ripe bananas, 11oz caster sugar, 4 eggs, 8fl oz sunflower oil, 15oz plain flour, 2tsp bicarbonate of soda, 1/2 tsp salt 2tsp cinnamon.  If I have them I also throw in a handful of currants or sultanas.

Bung them all together in a bowl and mix well. Pour into cake tin - This recipe makes the 2 cakes above and put in a preheated oven on 180 for about 1 hour if you are splitting the mixture like I have or hour and half if you are using a bigger tin.  It has always turned out perfectly for me and always delish! as hubby says nom nom and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I love banana cake - save some for me!

    Saw your comment on my blog about Wharfedale Woolworks (thanks for comment) - I promise if you go you will not like me as you will add to your stash and then some!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That banana cake looks delicious! Congrats on the sales too!

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete